Friday, June 29, 2012

Welcome to Charlottesville

If you've lived in C'ville for 40 years as I have, you know full well that parking on the UVA Corner and the Historic Downtown area is limited and fraught with peril. But for those visiting from out of town who may not be familiar with the areas parking/towing issues, a great C'ville evening of spirits, music and creatively prepared food can have a very frustrating ending which can leave a bitter taste on one's palate. I can't tell you how many times I've met people who've just enjoyed a visit with friends and family in one of these delightful and welcoming areas only to come out and find that their car is gone. Only then do they notice the discreetly placed or poorly lit signs informing them of where their vehicle has been taken to. It seems a poor welcome for folks visiting a town so very dependent on tourism but of course there are two sides to any coin. In the long run, tow-truck operators are acting within the law and have every right to earn a living. Still I've often wondered if more could be done to prevent unnecessary frustration for visitors to our fair city. How difficult would it be to post parking restriction signs just a little less discreetly? In better lighting conditions? Do you have strong feelings about the local towing industry? According to NBC29 there could be some changes ahead. http://www.nbc29.com/story/18918548/charlottesville-taking-applications-for-towing-advisory-board
Call Cville Taxi for Charlottesville Airport Transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment